Friday, November 11
Pledge of Allegiance
Andy Schindler (Schindler Wildlife Services), Jody Blasdel (Blasdel Incorporated), Lisa Ohmer (Lisa’s Sweet Treats), Bebe Kinnett (Absolute Web Marketing), Tonya Wolfe (Preferred Rate Mortgage), Patty Reibsomer (George’s Pharmacy), Joni Helton (Mary Kay Cosmetics), Rick Hughes (Millenium Business Systems), Kim Joerger (Tri-Force Fitness), Nicole Wuestefeld (Andres-Wuestefeld Funeral Home)
Welcome to our returning member Jody Blasdel with Blasdel Incorporated and new members
Andy Schindler with Schindler Wildlife Services and Lisa Olmer with Lisa’s Sweet Treats.
- Jody and his wife Karen manage the Gibson cemetery in Bright. Jody is retired from Tri-Township water and still helps out with water projects around town.
- Andy’s business helps target wildlife around your home such as moles, racoons, skunks, etc
- Lisa loves to bake and is starting a baking business from her home
Secretary Report (Terry not able to be here)
- The October meeting was at Shift
Treasurer’s Report (Kim Joerger)
- October balance $20,805.89
Membership Report (Mark Munchel not able to be here)
- Total of 41 members
- New member last month: Trinity Design & Remodel
- The new website will be officially up within the week!
- www.brightareabusinesses.com has been running at the same time that we are working on www.brightareabusiness.org
- It was best practice to copy everything over and work from a separate site so as to not lose any information
- New website has components that work together
- Payments made online go directly to our checking account
- Members can update their logos themselves
- Be sure you are using the email address that is registered with BABA
- Request password
- Once logged in you can:
- Can add additional emails to your account if you’d like more people to be notified of BABA news/events
- Update logo, add specials/coupons for your business
- Can add membership, renew membership, pay for golf sponsorship or golf 4some all at one time if you want
- Can email all members in the directory easily
- Members can add coupons or specials in their profile.
- Send an email or Facebook post to a Board member and we can publicize your specials or coupons and direct people to your profile on the website
- Check your logo to ensure it looks good. If you need to update, you can do yourself by logging in or email a jpg to Mark Munchel.
- A huge thanks to Bebe for making this happen. The website looks new and fresh.
- Also, a huge thank you to Mark who has diligently been working hard on transferring logos from the old site to the new one.
- Everyone is encouraged to visit the new site and get acquainted with it.
- Bebe reviewed how to access the member’s section and update their info. She will send out an email when the website is up and running and will reiterate these steps.
- Friendship State Bank would like to be our Gold Sponsor this year!
- We are working on our other Silver and Bronze sponsors as well.
- December is typically the month we elect new officers. There are open positions on the Board so we are looking for members to join and assist with leadership.
- This is a great opportunity to get involved as everyone is really working toward finding value within BABA.
- Nick is our Vice President and he has volunteered to assist with social media. If there is anyone else that would like to assist with this and the website it would be greatly appreciated.
- The other open position is the Secretary. Terry needs to step away due to time commitments at work. Please contact Nicole if you are interested in this position.
President Nicole Wuestefeld
Vice President Nick Bader
Treasurer Kim Joerger
Social Media/Website Chair Nick Bader + OPEN
Membership Chair Mark Munchel
December 9 Meeting at 9:00 at Bright Lion’s Club
- Board elections
- Annual donations to local non-profits
- Last year $7500 to Bright Fire, $2000 to N. Dearborn Pantry, $500 to Bright Lions
- This is one of the biggest ways we give back to the community as an organization
- We will serve breakfast at our December meeting. Probably pastries from Lisa Ohmer and fruit.
- Membership dues
- Can be turned in at any meeting or online via the new website
- Everyone should have received an email allowing you to renew online
- To encourage everyone to pay their dues by the December meeting, those that turn in their dues early will be entered into a drawing to receive a $50 gift card to one of our member’s shops. Basically making your membership free
- In December we will have our meeting list for 2023
- We would like to resume tours of member businesses. It is important that we understand and can endorse our fellow members and this is a great way to do it.
- If you are interested in having BABA meet and tour your business please let a board member know.
- What days and times are good for regular meetings here? Does Friday at 9am work or no?
- Don’t want to have meetings just to have meetings. We want to provide value to our members so would like to have speakers to educate us. If you have ideas on speakers let us know.
- Activities/Ice Breakers for each meeting
- Tonya can help with this
George’s Pharmacy Christmas Open House
- Saturday November 19, 2022 9am – 2pm
- Now close at 6pm