Bright Area Business Association
November 2010 Newsletter
Business Meeting & Announcements:
The Bright Area Business Association is sponsoring a public info meeting on Nov. 16 from 7-8:00 P.M. at North Dearborn Library to update the public on the Stateline Road Project. (Details available in the News section of the Website, www.brightareabusinesses.com.)
A special meeting concerning the Charity Roadblock Ordinance was conducted Nov. 3. Watch for the next issue of The Bright Beacon for details of the meeting.
The BABA Crafts Fair Committee researched locations and logistics for a Fall 2011 Crafts Fair in Bright. The feasibility of using the Firehouse Park or Bright Meadows Community Park is being reviewed. They are reviewing opportunities to coordinate with Fire Prevention month in Oct. without conflicting with other events, festivals and sporting events. In the early 80’s there was an event titled “Bright Ideas” which could be the name of our event. Anyone interested in helping on the committee should contact Diane Bender or Ed Wilke.
There were 113 visitors to the web site this month with 91 first time visitors this month and 22 returning which is an increase over last month. The “Home” & “Director” pages continue to be the most popular pages with a 3 way tie for “About”, “Membership” and “Coupons” pages. The Coupons page needs updating especially since it is one of the most popular pages on the site. Any member may submit a 550 X 100 pixel image in .jpg format. Examples are posted at the bottom of the coupons page. For those who need it, a template will be available soon.
Members enjoyed the opportunity to introduce themselves and make the following announcements concerning their business:
• World Financial group Wine tasting Invitation. Wine Tasting and Presentation by Andy Hanlon, VP at Hanlon Investment Management, Inc.
• How to Grow and Protect Assets During Uncertain Times
• Outlook for 2011
6:30 – 8:30 p.m., Thursday, November 11, 2010
World Financial Group, Inc.
11421 Chester Road
Cincinnati, OH 45246
• In the past month The Beacon added over 1000 households to the distribution list. The December issue will reach over 10,600 households which exceeded their goal for the year. Congratulations on their hard work!
• Extreme Definitions Hair Salon has a new Schlack system for artificial nails which is superior to previous methods.
• Logan Supermart is collecting can goods for the Holidays. Ice Cream sales ended for the season; Think Spring!
• The Dearborn county Chamber of Commerce Annual Dinner is Nov. 11
• The property behind Bright 4 Seasons was purchased By the Park Board to expand the existing park. Bright 4 Season’s will operate as usual. They have salt ready for the Winter season.
Gary Puckett from FlyPod.com discussed and explained the advantages of “New Media Advertising”. Statistically, the under 45 population are not reading print media but Gary emphasized that integrating New Media Advertising with Print Advertising is very successful. New Media Advertising has measurability, is targeted to the specific audience and is cost effective. Thanks go out to Gary for the informative presentation and for staying an hour after the meeting to answer individual questions!
Because of the busy Holiday Season, the December meeting of the Bright Area Business Association has been canceled. We will meet as usual on Jan. 4th at 8:00 AM. Watch the web site for announcements and details on the educational speaker.
Send news or announcements concerning your business to Bebe at firstname.lastname@example.org so it can get posted on the News section of the web site.
Newsletter submitted by Bebe Kinnett