Friday, August 12
Hello & happy 812 day!
Bright Community Parade was Saturday, July 30. It was a success!
- July minutes were just to the website
- Lonny Barnet motioned to approve and Doris Gibbons seconded the motion
Treasurer’s Report (Kim Joerger)
- July balance $21,964.20
- Accounts for the Parade sponsorships which was $1500 and an anonymous cash donation of $450
- Expenses to date are $291.60
- If anyone has any expenses, please submit those to Nicole
- Anyone depositing money to the BABA account, please make a note along with the deposit so where know how to properly allocate.
Membership Report (Mark Munchel)
- Total of 37 members
- New members: Bright Veterinary Clinic
- We are looking for someone to chair our online presence, which would include our Facebook page and updated website. If anyone is interested please let Nicole know.
- Congratulations to Lonny Barnett for passing his CFP exam as well as taking on new responsibilities as a veteran. He is now the 9th District Commander which encompasses 33 individual American Legion Posts across 11 counties and Governor Holcomb’s Indiana War Memorials Commission.
Dearborn County Digital Inclusion Project
- BABA’s new website can be visited at brightareabusinesses.org
- Once it is live, it will bounce back to brightareabusinesses.com. Both will direct you to the .com site
- While all of the members and information have transferred to the new site, the logos did not. Please review your profile and send your logo to Mark Munchel.
- Mark is working to create a YouTube channel for Mark where we can post short videos of our members.
- Okay, let’s talk about the parade!
- A huge thank you to everyone that helped with this event. Leading up to the event and the day of, for everyone’s support and help the day of.
- Steven Harmeyer from The 812 was there and did some interviews prior to the parade which was great coverage.
- AJ Waltz and his company NOW live streamed the parade
- Nicole took flyers to everyone on the “main strip” of Bright and made several posts on the Bright Community Parade fb page, including thanking all of our sponsors.
- What are your thoughts on the parade? What feedback have you received or heard?
- The date of the parade conflicts with the EC Football golf outing…what are thoughts on changing the date to the week earlier?
- Jody has the tote with vests, Dale has road closed signs
- Road closed 10 minutes early; make sure they don’t close until 11
- Shift closed Megrue drive by Shift; remind them not to do it
- Salt Fork not many people; could cut route at Skyline and continue to memorial
- Long walk back to the church by going all the way to the firehouse
- If there is a festival next year we will definitely end at the firehouse
- Need an end to the parade; typically the life squad and police that were blocking the road is the end of the parade. We just need to let people know that
- Terry did a great job!!
- People vs auto entry
- Need garbage cans at the church
- Wait to blow church parking lot until after the parade because people are taking down floats and straw ends up everywhere again
- Consider having people in vests to keep people off road so parade watchers don’t get hit by the floats
- Make sure back gate is unlocked
- Coffee for the volunteers
- Email thanking people for their support of the parade. We will put a Thank You in the Beacon
- Keep the time the same, 11:00 worked great
- Would be great for businesses to have customer appreciation that day
- Garbage bags and duct tape great idea. Route was pretty clean
- Don’t throw candy
- Post parade route
- Life squad and police will signify the end of the parade
- After a successful golf outing and parade….what is next for BABA?
- How can we connect with businesses moving forward? How can we better engage our current members?
- Our September meeting is scheduled to be an evening event on Thursday, September 8. It is scheduled for At the Barn Winery.
Submitted by Nicole Wuesterfeld